Joseph Nkaissery was born in November 28 1949.
Joseph Nkaissery is a Kenyan politician.
- He was a member of parliament in the National Assembly of Kenya from 2007 to 2014, when he resigned to take up a cabinet position as Secretary for Internal Security and Coordination of National Government. He is also a Senior elder of the Maasai community.
- Joseph Nkaissery served as an Assistant Minister for Internal Security in the cabinet of President Mwai Kibaki between 2007-2013. Before joining politics, Nkaissery served in the Kenya Defence Forces, rising to the rank of major-general in the Kenya Army. He also served as a commandant of the Armed Forces Training College. He retired in December 2002 after 29 years of military service having served in the army since 1973..
- On 2 December 2014, Joseph Nkaissery was nominated by President Kenyatta for post of Cabinet Secretary for Internal Security, to replace Joseph Ole Lenku and subject to approval by Parliament of Kenya. He is a Retired Major General of the Army of Kenya having previously served as Assistant Minister in the Ministry Defense.
- Following his approval as Cabinet Secretary, Nkaissery stepped down as Member of Parliament for Kajiado Central Constituency.
- Joseph Nkaissery is a member of the Orange Democratic Movement, having joined in 2007. He was elected member of parliament twice on an ODM ticket .
- In 1987 he was appointed the Military Assistant to the Chief of General Staff.
- He was in the pioneer education class (B. Ed) at the Kenyatta College, now Kenyatta University in 1971 but dropped out after one year of studying.
- His last job in the army before retiring was as a commandant of the Armed Forces Training College and GOC Westcom. He retired in December 2002 after 29 years of service.
- He has held the parliamentary seat for Kajiado central since 2003 when he trounced David Sankori of Kanu
- In 2009, he was part of the William Ntimama – led group that was opposed to a deal between the government and Rift Valley leaders for Mau evictees to be compensated. They called for their immediate eviction to save the country from environmental degradation.
- In 2010, he told parliament that two Kenyan soldiers, Senior Sergeant Jonathan Kipkosgei Kangogo and Corporal Evan Mutoro, had been captured in Somalia on July 24. This was before Kenya Defense Forces went into Somalia.
- It was during his tenure as Assistant Minister in the Ministry of Defence that Kenya Defence Forces invaded Somalia and in 2011 the Operation Linda Nchi launched. Kenya signed agreement with Somali’s defence ministry for collaboration in the fight against Al-Shabaab.
- In November 2010, along with Defence Minister Yusuf Hajj, fellow assistant David Musila and Military head Julius Karangi appeared before a parliamentary committee on a controversy over the purchase of used Air Force jets from Jordan.
- While doubling as an assistant minister and MP, he always attended parliament sittings and was at one point lauded while other ministers and their assistants were blacklisted for failing to respond to scheduled questions.
- Joseph Nkaissery is the forth politician in the Jubilee cabinet.
15012 Realtime 3 Click (s)
Share your vote!